Just when you thought you couldn’t love coffee more.
We have been in the market for a coffee maker since we moved in our first home in April. Money has been a little tight since we ended up making a few more adjustments than we had originally intended and we had prepped our home for us and the kids for three solid months before we moved any furniture into it. We ended up bringing our Keurig coffeemaker we have had for about three years and since we use it multiple times a day EVERY single day, it has been showing its age for over six months. I have to flip the switch a few times at least once a week to ‘trick’ it to turn on and sometimes – out of nowhere – it will just decide to turn off mid-stream of my much needed cup of joe. I’ve become pickier about the coffee I drink and a few years ago I’d drink whatever was in my work break room – black – and just wait for the rush of caffeine to course through my veins.
Now with two small girls who get up early for preschool and elementary school (now camp for the summer), I look forward to getting a few moments of peace and quiet in the mornings before they get up. I upgraded my coffee choices and I no longer drink my coffee black – unless it’s REALLY good coffee. I recently got a decent one-small carafe coffeemaker to get us through until our next big coffeemaker purchase and somehow it ended up in Bob’s cubicle at work. I recently thought, “Hey, I’m turning 37 in just a few weeks, I really need to get something for me…and I want a decent coffeemaker!” I didn’t think I was asking for much, but the choices are overwhelming. That is, until I saw the Sophia Vergara commercial I have probably seen a thousand times talking about the Ninja Coffee Bar – but this time I really listened. I decided to look into this Coffee Bar and now I am so glad I did.
The Ninja Coffee Bar was launched in September 2015 and by the second week of December, the Ninja Coffee Bar turned into one of the most coveted coffee makers in the industry, getting 5 star ratings, and flying off the shelves. The Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer has a multi-serve dial that lets you choose a size for a cup, travel mug, half carafe or carafe. The Coffee Bar has something called ‘Thermal Flavor Extraction’ technology that allows you to dial up the flavor richness level and choose a brew: Classic, Rich, Over Ice or Specialty, and I’ll talk about what each of those means down below. The Coffee Bar also has something called Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence that draws just the right amount of water needed from the reservoir, based on the brew size and brew type you select. The removable water reservoir features an easy-to-hold grip and a flip-top lid for quick and easy filling. It’s basically an upscale coffee shop quality coffeemaker for people like me who love coffee, but have very little time or ability to make an excellent cup. “This sounds perfect!”, I thought!
What is Auto-iQ?
Auto-iQ is my absolute favorite feature of the Ninja Coffee Bar. Only Auto-iQ™ One-Touch Intelligence by Ninja® allows you to choose a size, Choose a brew. Auto-iQ™ draws just the right amount of water needed from the reservoir, based on the brew size (from cup to travel mug to carafe) and brew type you select. This means the perfect cup of coffee no matter how you love it.
The Concentration Continuum – Thermal Flavor Extraction
The brew types on the Ninja Coffee Bar™ don’t just indicate what types of beverages you can create, they also reflect graduated levels of coffee-to-water concentration. Starting with Classic Brew and the slightly more intense Rich Brew, dial up the concentration intensity 2x with Over Ice Brew and 3x with Specialty Brew. Each selection precisely calibrates the right flavor, richness, and strength for the beverage you want to make.
- Classic – Smooth, rich, balanced flavor from your favorite ground coffee.
- Rich – Slightly more intense flavor richness than Classic Brew.
- Over Ice – Concentration level jumps to 2x the flavor richness of Classic Brew to account for ice.
- Specialty – Super-rich concentrate is about 3x the flavor richness of Classic Brew, yielding significantly less volume.
My thoughts: After using K-cups exclusively for years, I was excited to be able to buy coffee – awesome coffee – for the new Ninja Coffee Bar. I enjoy hot coffee in the morning, even when it’s close to 100 degrees in the Austin summer, so I’ve been alternating between the classic and rich coffee brews. Yum. There are definitely mornings where I appreciate the more intense flavor and it all has to do with the amount of water. Less water = more intense flavor. Anything important thing I learned after reading the pamphlets and brochures provided is that if you want a nice mellow coffee, it’s important to get a medium roast and medium GROUND coffee. This small difference in the coffee we were getting made a huge difference in the quality of the coffee we are now drinking.
After having single cup coffee for so long, I appreciate the glass carafe so Bob and I don’t have to scramble to make two cups of coffee in the morning. We’ve started using the built-in timer, which wasn’t working on our old coffee maker, and we love it. Bob has also enjoyed experimenting making specialty brewed coffee and loves his iced coffee on the weekends. We’ve looked at buying additional items for the Ninja Coffee Bar, like the stainless steel carafe, but we are happy with everything that came with this set and really don’t need anything else. We are so happy to have a new coffee maker and definitely impressed with the quality of coffee it makes, the special iQ ability for the perfect amount of water for each setting, and the awesome timer so we can wake up to perfectly brewed java during our hectic weekdays. Love!
Our favorite coffee blend so far has been the Vietnamese orange blend cardamom. YUMMMMMMM.
Ninja CF080 Coffee Bar Auto-iQ Brewer with Glass Carafe:
- Multi-Serve Dial lets you choose a size for a cup, travel mug, half carafe or carafe
- Thermal Flavor Extraction technology allows you to dial up the flavor richness level
- Choose a brew: Classic, Rich, Over Ice or Specialty
- Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence draws just the right amount of water needed from the reservoir based on the brew size and brew type you select
- Removable water reservoir with easy-to-hold grip and a flip-top lid for quick and easy filling
- 43 oz glass carafe: beautifully-designed glass carafe with a stainless steel accent, perfect for entertaining
- Precise temp warming plate with 2-hour auto shutoff automatically adjusts its temperature to keep your coffee at the ideal drinking temperature without cooking it
- Drip stop stops the flow of coffee from the brew basket, allowing you to pour a cup mid-brew
- 24-hour programmable delay brew: program your Ninja Coffee Bar brewer for a delayed brew of any size or brew type up to 24 hours in advance
- Easy to fill brew basket, slides out for quick and easy filling and removes completely for easy cleaning
- Ninja Easy Frother: perfect for making frothed milk to go in classic specialty drinks like a flat white or latte
- 20 recipe coffee book: learn how to make a flat white, iced vanilla latte, mochaccino and more
- Instruction booklet
List Price: $ 179.80 (Available at your local Target, Wal-Mart, Sears or K-Mart)