Australian Gold’s Sun Care products. Live the Gold Life!
Yes, it’s time for my annual sun screen post!
My husband is somewhat obsessed with the smell of cocoa butter and it started when he lived in a beach town in North Carolina for a year when he was a teenager. I’m pretty sure at that time people weren’t concerned about wearing sunscreen with a high SPF and were more interested in getting a golden tan, but luckily times have changed! Australian Gold just came out with a new sunscreen lotion for kids that has that lovely Cocoa Dreams fragrance plus has SPF 50 with an antioxidant-rich formula that’s free of Parabens, Mineral Oil and Amine. The formula is specially made for those with sensitive skin to neutralize pH and designed to provide total sun protection while naturally soothing and conditioning skin, and also smells wonderful. Can you tell I’m excited?!? Even better, for just under 9 dollars, you get 8 ounces of the lotion and it goes a long way.
I know I talk about this every summer, BUT, it’s important to know that your delicate skin can start being damaged by UV rays (cancer causing rays) in just 15 minutes of sun exposure. While it is much easier to remember to wear sunscreen when it is sunny and hot outside like it is at the moment, UVA rays that are the main cause of the skin cancer melanoma, and are intense throughout all the seasons and even on cloudy days. While we always remember to pile on the sunscreen during the summer months, I try hard to remember that our family’s sensitive skin needs year round protection and I am loving this new lotion from Australian Gold. The cocoa smell is fabulous and the lotion also contains a Kakadu plum extract which naturally boosts the sun protection.
Don’t forget if you are playing in the water, to reapply after an hour and a half at a minimum!
- Kid safe – Paraben Free, Mineral Oil Free and Amine Free
- Kakadu plum extract, a native Australian fruit, works to boost efficacy of sunscreen while protecting from free radicals
- Tea tree oil is a powerful antioxidant that works to gently cleanse smooth skin
- Aloe Vera provides natural soothing and conditioning to skin
- Provides Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Water resistant for 80 minutes
- Signature Australian Gold fragrance
If you also have Hello Kitty fans in your household, like my two girls, you may be interested in Australian Gold’s Hello Kitty sunscreen products. They are cost-effective, adorable, work well, and smell awesome! The power of ‘Hello Kitty’ is also an easy way for my daughters to remember to put on sunscreen, too. Hey, it works!
Hello Kitty Frozen Aloe Sun Cooling Spray, ($6.99, National Drug Retailers)
Dispenses cooling, white flakes that instantly soothe sun burned skin. The aloe formula moisturizes dry, sun parched skin and helps minimize blistering, peeling and chapping. Australian Gold combines cutting edge sun care with Asian skin caring ingredients, Yomogi, Butterfly Bush, and Green Tea to deliver sun protection with exceptional skin care.
- Frescolat® provides instant cooling that lasts up to 30 minutes
- Contains skin soothing extracts: Yomogi, Butterfly Bush and Green Tea
- Dispenses soft snowflakes that absorb quickly
- Sparkling Yuzu Fragrance (notes of Sparkling Yuzu, Juicy Kiwi and Whipped Vanilla)
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
Hello Kitty Lip Balm SPF 30, ($1.99, National Drug Retailers)
Treat your lips to a tropical vacation with the Tangerine Tango flavored Hello Kitty SPF 30 Lip Balm that helps prevent sunburn and protects dry, chapped lips. Australian Gold combines cutting edge sun care with skin caring ingredients like Jojoba, Sunflower Seed Oil, Pomegranate and Vitamin E to deliver sun protection with exceptional skin care.
- SPF 30 formula provides sun protection and helps prevent sunburn
- Pomegranate and Vitamin E help soothe dry lips
- Jojoba and Sunflower Seed Oil hydrate and soften skin
- Creamy formula glides onto lips, no sticky feeling
- Goes on clear – perfect for the whole family
- Tangerine Tango fragrance
Stay safe and have a wonderful summer!
List Price: $8.99, (Available at National Drug Retailers)