The Mountain is more than an apparel company. We make big bold Artwear that shows your story & projects your passion. How will you Amp your Aura?
Brooke is obsessed with My Little Pony and Equestria Girls. I’ve learned so much about them because she will not stop talking about them and I decided that I may as well learn what she’s talking about. Her favorite My Little Pony/Equestria Girl is called “Twilight Sparkle”. Twilight Sparkle is what they call in the MLP world an ‘alicorn’, which is basically a horse with a unicorn horn and Pegasus wings. In the MLP world, alicorns are princesses. Twilight Sparkle didn’t start out as an alicorn, she became one at the end of Season 3 of MLP: Friendship is Magic, so I think the idea that a pony can just ‘become’ a princess is exciting to her. As Brooke has become more and more interested in MLP this last year, it has bled into everything that she likes, from MLP clothes, dolls, to even movies. Her love of the show will have her talking to me about it for hours, so whether or not I find it interesting or not, it doesn’t matter. I have learned about it from her and want to know what she is interested in because I realize if I don’t do it now, how do I expect her to confide in me when she gets older? So I listen, I learn, and I have even grown to love Brooke’s MLP obsession. When I find something I think she would love, I tend to get it; which is exactly how we ended up with a Pegacorn Kids Tee by The Mountain!
I have learned that the terms of alicorn, pegacorn, unisus, or unipeg are all synonyms for the fictional horse with wings like Pegasus and the horn of a unicorn. Pegacorn is probably the most common name associated with these fictional creatures, but all of the terms are, in fact, correct. See, and you probably didn’t think you would learn anything about alicorns, did you? While Brooke loves MLP and alicorns because it’s a fun fictional show, she is also an avid drawer, so the more lifelike she can make something, the better. When she first saw The Mountain Pegacorn shirt, she said, “Oh!!!! Pretty!”, and then she set off to get her marker set so that she could re-create the picture on her own.
While the Pegacorn shirt portrays Brooke’s passion of alicorns, it also gives me the satisfaction that the shirt created by The Mountain is eco-conscious and has a unique ink process as well as double-stitching on all the seams. It is like this shirt was created for my daughter! This 100% Cotton tee will last your child years and years and I have a feeling that her MLP obsession is not going away any time soon. It was really fun to treat Brooke to The Mountain tee and it is now one of her most prized possessions. Besides her Twilight Sparkle doll, of course! Oh, and be sure to check out The Mountains large range of t-shirt selections for kids and adults of all sizes. Their beautiful designs, mainly of nature, are AMAZING!
The Mountain® cares about the environment and all of their shirts are free of chemicals harmful to your body:
- They create, develop, dye, print in Marlborough, NH and ship from Keene, NH USA. That makes their carbon footprint much smaller than most companies dyeing and printing overseas. It also allows them a very quick turn-around time for getting shirts to you.
- More than 80% of the cotton in their shirts is grown in the USA
- They use Organic Reactive Dyes to create their dye library of over 800 colors
- They use waterbase inks to create the amazing soft feel to their prints (99.5% of other T-Shirt printers use petroleum based ink to create their designs on apparel)
- Their shirts are 100% preshrunk cotton (even the thread that holds it together is cotton). If washed according to our label instructions, in cold water, not only will your shirt stay at the same size as when you purchased it, but also the print will remain vibrant for years to come.
- They have been Oeko-Tex 100 Certified (the highest certification worldwide) which guarantees their shirts are free of chemicals harmful to your body.
- Their commitment to the environment is in their bones, it’s part of The Mountain’s Collective Consciousness. They believe that Fair Trade starts at home by taking good care of their employees and their families.
List Price: $16.00