Draw Manga: Step-by-Steps, Character Construction, and Projects from the Masters (IMM Lifestyle Books)
140 Photos, 10 Projects, & 13 Tutorials for Eyes, Hair, Clothing, Accessories, Lighting, & Color
Publishers Weekly recently reported on a new golden age of manga in North America. Rising manga stars are currently having their spotlight moment in the publishing world, and one group in particular seems to shine above the rest. UK-based Sweatdrop Studios is an independent arts and comics collaborative. Consisting of 17 manga artists, this group creates comics for publishers, toy groups, video games, advertising agencies, comic-related events such as Comic Con, and more.
Now, the group of highly-talented manga artists have joined forces and put together the ultimate how-to guide on creating manga characters. Draw Manga: Step-by-Steps, Character Construction, and Projects from the Masters, slated for release this August 2018 from IMM Lifestyle, includes the work of the 17 artists and provides their tips and tricks for creating masterful manga artwork. Here, readers will discover what it takes to create a fully-developed manga character with exhaustive detail and personality to boot.
This step-by-step manga art course for beginners makes it simple to learn the creative techniques behind the most popular Japanese comic style!
- Easy, progressive art course shows beginners how to draw innovative manga
- 13 tutorials cover all the essential topics such as eyes, hair, clothing, accessories, lighting and color
- 10 step-by-step projects teach you how to create characters of all ages—children, teenagers, and adults
- Learn the basic drawing skills you need to create the distinctive features of manga characters
- Written and illustrated by a collaborative group of manga artists
About Sweatdrop Studios: Based in Cambridge, England, Sweatdrop Studios is a group of 17 artists who create manga comics. The company has produced over 50 titles, including several anthologies, and is active in manga demonstrations and competitions at art shows and exhibitions.
List Price: $ 14.99