The future of vitamins is clear!
I remember that feeling of shock and horror when my doctor told me that my body was almost completely deficient of Vitamin D. I took prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant, took multiple blood tests at my OBGYN that I figured meant I was a-ok, I took a multivitamin every day, and I tried eating mostly healthy foods. When I took my prescription to my pharmacist to get very high doses of vitamin D supplements that lasted an entire SIX months before my levels returned to normal, I had to ask myself, “HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?” Vitamin D deficiency is incredibly common in the US, but many Americans mistakenly believe they aren’t at risk because they consume vitamin-D-fortified foods (such as milk). However, we now know that Americans have an imbalance of too MUCH calcium without enough Vitamin D3 (and other ‘helper nutrients’) to assist with calcium absorption. I started to wonder just how much doctors and vitamin suppliers really knew about what essential ingredients we NEED for our bodies versus what we PURCHASE at the store. When I read about a new Essential Vitamin for Women by Ritual, I was skeptical. I read and looked at studies and decided to forgo my usual vitamin supplements to exclusively use Ritual vitamins for a full 30 days. I’m now convinced they know what they are doing.
Most American Women can do without these common multivitamin ingredients!
- Vitamin A : 99% of Americans have adequate blood levels and almost nobody is deficient.
- B Vitamins : A high percentage of US adults have adequate or excessive intakes of B1, B2, B3, B6, Pantothenate and biotin.
- Vitamin C : If you don’t have enough Vitamin C you’d have scurvy which is incredibly rare. 99% of American adults have adequate blood levels.
Calcium : Americans have an imbalance of too much calcium with not enough “helper nutrients” (magnesium, boron, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2) to keep calcium where it belongs–in your bones. More and more studies are showing adding calcium supplements is not healthy.
Trace Minerals : Like vitamins A, B & C, both dietary intake and blood/tissue levels of zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, chromium, and molybdenum are not deficient, and deficiency symptoms are rare.
Shocked? Then keep reading because there are actually important essential vitamins we need to supplement with our diet!
- Vitamin B12: Maintains healthy energy levels by supporting brain and nerve function.
- Folate: Helps make new blood cells and is associated with mood benefits.
- Vitamin D3: Helps calcium absorption, supports bone and tooth health, and is linked to both mood and cognition.
- Vitamin K2 MK7: Maintains healthy skin and is essential for activating calcium-binding proteins that are important for bone and cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant actions that support overall health and helps protect cells.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These healthy fats support cardiovascular and brain health, as well as maintain healthy joints.
- Boron: Helper nutrient that assists activity of calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin K2 MK7 to support bone, joint and brain health.
- Iron: Helps build healthy blood cells and is important for mood and energy.
- Magnesium: Essential for activity of enzymes and cell proteins that support overall health, particularly for bone, brain, muscle and cardiovascular tissues. It also helps maintain calmness.
By taking the correct levels of vitamins your body needs, you can feel happier, healthier, more energetic, and think clearer. I knew that just getting my Vitamin D levels back into a normal range, I began to feel calm and in a better mood. It wasn’t what was in my head that was making me feel blue, it was what I wasn’t putting in my body that got me down. The awesome thing about Ritual vitamins is that they not only have an appropriate level of essential vitamins your body needs, they are also designed so that your body absorbs the ingredients in the most optimal form. How? By keeping the dry ingredients separate from the oil ingredients. The pills look a little bizarre, I admit, but there’s a science behind the design.
Ritual vitamins are designed for optimum absorption and uses a beadlet-in-oil encapsulation to keep ‘oily’ nutrients like Omega-3s, D3, E & K2 MK7 in their most absorbable forms and away from dry ingredients that might interact with them.
If you want your vitamins to work together to improve your health, read and research, talk to your doctor and find out if you are deficient in any vitamins. Ask questions about particular ingredients or forms and look for brands that give detailed sourcing information to make sure you are getting quality ingredients. I am so glad that I decided to try Ritual vitamins and my body is thanking me for it.
List Price: $30 / Month (60 Capsules – 1 month supply)
- Monthly Subscription
- Free Shipping
- Happiness Guaranteed
- Skip or Cancel Anytime