It’s time for another natural and organic skincare product review! Yippee! I’ve done a lot of skincare product reviews and I thought it was important to include one during the winter months that deals with sun care protection lest we all forget that even in the dark, cold months, it is still important to protect your skin. As I’m sure you have noticed if you read my blog, skin care products are some of my favorite products to review and I have a good one for you. This one comes all the way from Block Island (or Manisses), which is a little island 13 miles off the coast of Rhode Island in the Atlantic Ocean. Pretty cool, huh? The facial moisturizer I’ll be discussing is from Block Island Organics and the company is a majority women-owned business by a husband, wife, and sister-in-law team who live on the U.S.A. island. But first – just a little bit more about the island, because it is quite an interesting place!
- Niantic Indians called the island “Manisses” which means “little island of Manitou” or simply, “little island”.
- It is believed that there were Native American permanent settlements since 500 AD on the island!
- Block Island was charted by the Dutch explorer Adrian Block in In 1614. Not surprisingly, he named it after himself.
- During the War of 1812, Block Island was briefly occupied by the British Navy under the command of Sir Thomas Hardy.
- A large portion (around 40%) of the island is legally protected and set aside for conservation.
- Presidents Bill Clinton, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and Ulysses S. Grant have all visited Block Island. Other famous visitors? Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh, who each made separate trips to the island in 1929.
I imagine if you are living on a mostly-legally protected island off the coast of the United States, you may be interested in all natural and organic products, right? Perhaps that is why Block Island Organics makes natural sunscreens that protect your skin throughout the day. Skincare products don’t need to be complicated, overly expensive or chemically manufactured, you know. Block Island Organics believe it is their responsibility to educate consumers, provide quality products and simplify the skin care process.
I’m delighted to tell you about Block Island Organics Natural Face Moisturizer that includes SPF 30 with clear zinc. It is a 2-in-1 antioxidant rich product to keep your skin hydrated and includes a transparent broad spectrum SPF 30 for sun protection. The all natural and organic ingredients include such yumminess as aloe, Shea butter, green tea, sunflower seed and pomegranate so it has a nice light and crisp scent. It’s completely free of parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, dyes, and artificial fragrances and it works for all ages and skin types. Block Island Organics do not do animal testing and only use vegan-based formulas. So, there is a lot of goodness in this product on top of it helping to prevent premature skin-aging and skin damage. And, oh yes, Block Island Organics are made in the USA, even if the island is technically off the coast of Rhode Island! Protect your skin this winter and check out Block Organics products on their website below.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50, NO PROMO CODE NEEDED
Coupon Code! Use coupon code ‘jeannab‘ at checkout on www.blockislandorganics.com for 20% off on their site from Sat Dec 12th through Fri Dec 18th. Please note the code is not combinable with other codes.
Check it out! Block Island Organics also have organic cleansers and organic moisturizers to refresh skin after a long day of sun exposure in their product line. Yay!