Klean Kanteen is the original, BPA- and toxin-free stainless bottle designed for personal hydration.
Let’s talk about it.
The amount of waste Americans throw out on a daily basis in drinking our liquids in disposable containers alone is staggering. Don’t just take my word for it, the Klean Kanteen’s campaign to get people to bring their own reusable containers for drinking has a pretty good run-down of the waste:
- We use 58 billion paper cups each year (128 cups per person).
- We produce enough Styrofoam cups every year to circle the earth 436 times.
- In 24 seconds, we will use 44,110 disposable coffee cups.
- If Americans stopped using to-go cups, we would save 160 million cups every day.
- The average US family throws away a carload of plastic every month (including about 60 water bottles).
- We throw away 35 billion plastic water bottles each year.
- Plastic accounts for around 10% of the total waste we generate.
So who is Klean Kanteen and how did they become experts on these statistics? Great question! Back in 2002, Klean Kanteen (a California based company) created the original BPA- and toxin-free stainless steel bottle to give consumers a superior solution and help people make better decisions to the popular plastic water bottle. We have gotten used to having disposable lifestyles in the United States without thinking about the long term consequences of our waste. Filling up a reusable container takes very little time and energy and the more people that start to bring their own bottles can directly impact a cultural shift to sustainability.
Kid Kanteen Sport
My daily routine consists of filling up two reusable water bottles for my kids. They use their bottles throughout the day, from commutes in the car, to school, to at home in the evening. We just wash, rinse, and repeat for them to use their containers for the next day. Stainless steel containers are by far my favorite types of water bottles since they keep drinks cool and are very durable. When you use water bottles on a daily basis, you start to gravitate towards ones that hold up over time, are not easy to spill and have a drinking spout that is simple for children to use. We love the Kid Kanteen Sport water bottle for our toddler, Brie, because it does all those things on top of having a nice soft silicone spout that doesn’t change shape when our little one chews on it. The cap is BPA-free and is very simple to clean. It also has a nice sleek look with several color designs available, is very lightweight, and fits into all of our car seats’ cup holders. It’s a simple step to leaving a smaller carbon footprint and it’s not a great habit in our house. Come join us!
- Leak resistant Sport Cap 3.0 features soft silicone spout, improved flow rate and included dust cover.
- Large 1.75″ (44mm) opening fits ice, easy filling and pouring
- Electropolished interior doesn’t retain or impart flavors
- Safe, Durable, high quality materials
Join the Conversation! #BringYourOwn
Post and tag your #BringYourOwn photos on your favorite platform. Share with family and friends and tag stores, coffee shops, or restaurants who say “Yes!” when you ask: “Will you fill this?” Help spread the message and reduce single use.
List Price: $ 17.95