A real, no-holds-barred take on making smart, healthy choices for you and your family.
Have you decided this is the year you are going to eat better, live cleaner and be happier? Is it possible to be ‘green’ without being that super annoying OCD freak momma that everyone avoids? YES, yes, and YES! In Green Enough, Mamavation blogger Leah Segedie uncovers the truth behind the food and household products that are misleadingly labeled “all-natural” and healthy but are actually filled with chemicals and toxins. From furniture to packaged food, Leah guides you through detoxifying your home, diet, and lifestyle, showing you how to make the best choices possible.
She exposes the brands and products that contain toxic and hormone-disrupting ingredients and gives guidelines on choosing safer products and organic produce that are free from toxic and persistent pesticides. She instructs you on making the move to meat, dairy, and eggs that are free of antibiotics, GMOs, growth hormones, and dangerous pathogens. She explains at what phases of childhood children are the most vulnerable and need more protection. And she includes delicious and kid-approved recipes to help you detoxify your cooking routine. It’s not about being perfect or 100% clean―none of us are―it’s about being green enough.
Would You Like to Be “Green Enough?”
- Receive step-by-step instructions on how to do home detoxes including: (1) kitchen cabinet detox, (2) food container detox, (3) clean air detox, and (4) personal care detox
- Get cooking quickly! 50+ family friendly recipes made from real wholesome good-for-your-family foods.
- Save money with DIY recipes to make safe and simple homemade cleaning & personal care formulations.
- Be informed! Learn from leading experts in science and children’s health about what chemicals are safe vs. which are okay to have in your home.
- Know what to buy! Exclusive product investigations covering food, personal care products, cleaning products, kitchen appliances, bake ware and much more!
- Smile more! Learn about which parts of green living are most important for your family vs. which parts you can leave behind if you choose. This is all about your family’s health and impact on your life. You choose how “green” you want to be.
Barbara Jones, Founder/CEO, Blissful Media Group: “Eco-wellness pioneer, Leah Segedie, speaks candidly and boldly reveals so much valuable, thoughtful and mind-boggling information that should make you stop and say WTF. After reading this book, you’ll want to take a closer look at your home, your pantry and probably, yourself in the mirror. Leah shares her knowledge based on personal experience and from the heart plus the best part is her mantra is that it’s not about not being perfect but being aware, present and proactive when it comes to your home environment. Plus, if you appreciate a few f-bombs every now and then, this may be up your alley.”
About the Author: Leah Segedie is the creator of Mamavation.com and CEO of eco-wellness conference ShiftCon. She has spent the last decade uncovering the deceptive marketing and fallacious propaganda embedded in our everyday lives from corporations and the food industry. Through her blog, thousands of moms have detoxified their lives and the lives of their children.
List Price: $ 22.99 (On sale through Amazon.com)